Counterpart’s Bridge of Support
Over the years, many women have told us that they wished they had known about our services when they were diagnosed and going through treatment. Because of this we have established the Bridge of Support program at the Royal Women’s Hospital and Sunshine Hospital.
Each week a Counterpart staff member and peer support volunteer is available at the hospital to support and assist women as they wait for their appointment or treatment. Being at the hospital has meant that we can bring our unique brand of supportive care to you. Many partners and family members have found the chance to discuss their situation valuable as they wait alongside their loved one.
Our Bridge of Support services are currently operating at Sunshine Hospital and The Combined Breast Service at The Royal Women’s Hospital and The Royal Melbourne Hospital. If you are currently receiving treatment at The Combined Breast Service or Sunshine Hospital, you can call our Resource Centre at 1300 781 500 to find out when we will next be at each hospital.
Support for Regional and Rural Areas
Counterpart is a state-wide service and available to women across Victoria.
We aim to make our services as accessible as possible to women in their own homes and communities including:
- Making our Peer Support service available by phone. In fact, most of our Peer Support contacts are made over the phone so give us a call at 1300 781 500.
- Our Information Sessions are often available via a live webinar link. Whenever possible, we also record our sessions and make them available via our Recorded Webinars
- We offer a mail-order book, DVD, and CD library service to women in Victoria.
- We also work with health provider networks across Victoria, including those in rural and regional areas. If you work with a health provider network and would like to learn how to partner with Counterpart contact our Rural and Regional Coordinator Tammy Boatman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Video Call or Voice Call us via Skype – If you don’t have an account you can find out more at the Skype website