Bridge of Support
Over the years, many women have told us that they wished they had known about our services when they were diagnosed and going through treatment. Because of this we started Bridge of Support, starting at The Royal Melbourne Hospital, then expanding to Sunshine Hospital and the Royal Women's Hospital and Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.
Each week a Counterpart staff member and Peer Support Volunteer is available at the hospital to support and assist women as they wait for their appointment or treatment. Being at the hospital has meant that we can bring our unique brand of supportive care to you. Many partners and family members have found the chance to discuss their situation valuable as they wait alongside their loved one.
If you are receiving treatment at the Peter Mac, the Royal Melbourne, the Royal Women's or Sunshine hospitals, you can call our Resource Centre at 1300 781 500 to find out when we will next be there.
Support for regional and rural areas
Counterpart is a state-wide service and available to women across Victoria.
We aim to make our services as accessible as possible to women in their own homes and communities.
- Our peer support service is available by phone. In fact, most of our Peer Support contacts are made over the phone so give us a call at 1300 781 500.
- Our information sessions are often available as webinars, and we liaise with regional health professionals to organise webinar screenings in rural areas.
- Whenever possible, we also record our sessions and make them available as recorded webinars.
- We offer a mail-order book, DVD and CD library service to women in Victoria.
- We also work with health provider networks across Victoria, including those in rural and regional areas. If you work with a health provider network and would like to learn how to partner with Counterpart contact our Resource Centre on email@example.com.